Que notícia maravilhosa! O nosso autor Raphael Alves acaba de ganhar a bolsa Getty Images sobre o seu trabalho na cobertura da crise da COVID-19 em Manaus (AM). Raphael publicou conosco o seu livro Insulae (com as duas impressões esgotadas!). Com este mesmo trabalho, o Raphael já havia ganho também o POY Latam 2021. Lembrando que a renda obtida com a venda desse livro foi destinada ao hospital de campanha do Parque das Tribos, Manaus (AM), para ações de atendimento a pacientes da COVID-19.
Parabéns também aos demais receptores da bolsa: Fabiola Ferrero, Hailey Sadler, Javier Fergo e The Nlele Institute.
Veja na íntegra o comunicado da Getty Images:
"Getty Images is proud to announce the recipients of its Editorial Grants, awarding $45,000 collectively to both individual photojournalists and organizations which support documentary photographers. I #GettyImagesNews #photojournalism
1) Fabiola Ferrero + OjoRojo @fabiolaferrero @ojorojofabricavisual: A photography mentorship program focused on migration stories shared between Colombia and Venezuela. The program aims to support photographers from within the affected communities. I 📷: Natalia Ortiz
2) Hailey Sadler @haileycsadler: Sadler's project We Hold One Another Together, examines the deployment of tiny homes across the Navajo Nation to help multigenerational families contain COVID-19, as well as provide a longer-term solution to protect indigenous elders’ health.
3) Javier Fergo @javifergo: With No Food, a Home or Work: Migrants on the Edge in Andalusia during the Pandemic, is a photo series documenting the living and working conditions of migrant agricultural workers in Almería and Huelva during the COVID-19 crisis.
4) Raphael Alves @photoraphaelalves: Alves' project Insulae shows the isolating effects of the pandemic on the indigenous communities in and around Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil, an area that already grapples with geographic isolation and the threat of flooding.
5) The Nlele Institute (TNI): Bridging Gaps Through Informal Art Education in Photography is an extensive program providing photography workshops, exhibitions and mentorships to artists and participants across Nigeria since 2013."